Properly caring for and maintaining your Anlin windows and doors will ensure that they last longer and provide exceptional performance.
How to clean your Anlin window frame?
The vinyl frames on your windows and doors can be cleaned with mild, nonabrasive soap and water. Rinse completely with clean water and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
Here are the steps to follow:
- When cleaning your window frame use a mixture of mild dish soap and water along with a non-abrasive sponge.
- Let the excess cleaning solution run off the sponge.
- Then use the sponge to wash the window frame.
- Use a damp towel to rinse off the frame completely.
- Wipe the frame dry with a microfiber towel.
NEVER use abrasive or acidic cleaners; they might cause permanent damage to the frame finish.
What do you recommend to clean the glass?
To clean the glass on your windows and doors, we recommend mild dish soap and water. Rinse completely with clean water and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
Here are the steps to clean the glass of your Anlin Windows:
Cleaning the outside window.
- Dip the window scrubber or the nonabrasive sponge into a bucket with a mixture of mild dish soap and water.
- Let any excess cleaning solution run off.
- Gently use the window scrubber or non-abrasive sponge to rub the cleaning solution over the entire surface of your window.
- Be careful not to saturate the glass with the cleaning solution.
- Use the squeegee to remove all the cleaning solution from the window, starting from the top squeegee from left to right. At the end of each stroke wipe the squeegees blade clean with a lint free towel.
- Wipe off any cleaning solution on the frame with a microfiber towel.
To clean the inside of the window.
- Fill up the spray bottle with some cleaning solution and spray the glass evenly. Use the microfiber towel to wipe your windows dry.
- Avoid washing glass in direct sunlight.
NEVER use petroleum-based cleaners, abrasive or acidic chemicals, razor blades, putty knifes, abrasive pads, or high-pressure water hoses to clean the glass.
How do I lubricate my hardware?
We recommend that you lubricate the hardware once a year. In areas with high salt air, lubricate the hardware at least twice a year is recommended. After the hardware is clean and dried it must be lubricated to restore the smooth operation, and in some cases corrosion resistance. Lubricate should be 100% silicone and can be found at most major hardware stores.
Performing these small steps throughout the life of your Anlin windows and doors will allow you to enjoy the beauty and energy efficiency of your products for years to come.
For more tips and advice about Anlin windows and doors contact United Builders at (909) 969-8976