United Builders is your Southern California source for top quality Four-Panel Sliding Patio Doors at reasonable prices. We don't use high-pressure sales tactics, and we don't outsource the installation. All that, plus our years of Southern California experience, makes United Builders your trusted replacement vinyl window and door company in Southern California.
Description of 4-Panel Sliding Patio Doors
Four-panel sliding patio doors (sometimes called gliding doors) are composed of four glass door panels, giving you what amounts to a wall of windows in your home or business. One or two of the door panels will slide horizontally to open and close. The operable panel can either be the far right or far left panel, or the two center panels. The sliding takes place on smooth rollers, which are hidden in channels. Sliding patio doors are often in high traffic areas, and occasionally need replacement. We sell only the top quality vinyl replacement sliding doors for your Southern California home or business.
Common ApplicationsFour-panel sliding patio doors are commonly used in bedrooms and family living areas. They work equally well for ground floor rooms opening to a patio or upper floor rooms that open onto a balcony. They are a great choice for enjoying the beautiful Southern California weather and sunshine. Sliding patio doors are also available with built-in pet doors.
Operation of 4-Panel Sliding Patio Doors
With four-panel sliding patio doors, one or two of the doors are mobile and simply slide horizontally over an adjacent stationary door. The operable panel can be the far right, far left or two center panels. In most cases, the panels will be of equal size, but we can create custom four-panel sliding patio doors for your specific home or business.
Move your cursor over the illustration to see how sliding patio doors operate.
Left to Center
Right to Center
Benefits of 4-Panel Sliding Patio Doors
- Common and easy to operate
- Great for large patios or decks
- Slimmer frame than French doors
- Maximizes natural light and gives you a great view of the outdoors
- Available in standard sizes or can be customized
Considerations for 4-Panel Sliding Patio Doors
Each door type has its benefits and things to consider. When considering four-panel sliding doors for your Southern California home or business, here are a few things to keep in mind...
- Sliding patio doors do not hinge outward like French hinged patio doors. So although they don't interfere with furniture or decorations, they may not provide as wide an opening if you choose a configuration in which only one panel is movable.
- As additional panels are added, the viewable area becomes larger. Four-panel doors offer a wider view than two-panel and three-panel doors, but they also create a busier view when closed because they have additional posts.
- When compared to three-panel doors, four-panel patio doors provide a more obstructed view, with three posts, but a larger opening area (opens 1/2 of the door).
Product Lines for Sliding Patio Doors
We sell and install only the highest quality replacement windows and doors in Southern California. We offer vinyl replacement sliding patio doors from the following window and door companies:
- Anlin Window Systems
- Bayview Windows and Doors
- Monte Verde Windows and Doors